[3830] CQWW CW UR3IQO SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 26 16:00:35 EST 2007

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: UR3IQO
Operator(s): UR3IQO
Station: UR3IQO

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: nr. Donetsk

  160:    0     0        0
   80:  313    14       62
   40:  401    27      102
   20:  202    25       73
   15:   71    22       56
   10:   14     6       11
------------------------------
Total: 1001    94      304  Total Score = 723,564

Nice contest! This time I worked High Power, and also used my new vertical
(18.5m high top loaded). So had a lot of fun and see that working HP and LP (I
used to run 20W power) are of the very different styles. The propagation was
not too good on 20m, a bit strange on 15m (I got many DXs there, but there were
too little stations) and very bad on 10m. The low bands were the complete
surprise (aspecially Sunday morning 3:00-6:00z). I do not remember such
opening. It is a pity I could not get TI5M and HQ2A on 80m (I heard them very
well and HQ2A even asked "QO?", but EU guys were not gentlemens or had poor
receiving). Unfortunately these were the only stations from the 7 zone.

Most of the time I was S&P. There were some troubles finding free frequency for
RUN.

Thanks all who called or answer me! See you in the next contest!