[3830] CQWW CW G4FKA SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 26 17:10:07 EST 2007

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: G4FKA
Operator(s): G4FKA
Station: G4FKA

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Bristol
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:  122     5       35
   80:  281    11       51
   40:  258    11       53
   20:  296    15       63
   15:   92    15       37
   10:   13     4        9
------------------------------
Total: 1062    61      248  Total Score = 464,427

Club: Bristol Contest Grp

Comments:

Main aim this year was to break the 1000 QSO barrier and that was duly achieved.
However to ensure enough rate I spent less time than I normally would calling
(and calling!) the more interesting DX/mults on the higher bands.

99% S&P as usual with just a few mini-runs. 80/40/20 were an S&P'ers dream with
a constant turnover of new stations to work. 15 had activity but was not as easy
as last year to S&P from end to end. 10 had its moments but again was lots of
effort for little return.

Band of the weekend for me was 160. Great to work "across the pond" again and
to work a good number of other stations on the band. Must be some good receive
antenna systems out there!

IC756ProIII, 100w, 30m inverted V doublet plus sloping half wave dipole on
10m.

Great fun as ever and very pleased with the result.

Geoff G4FKA