[3830] SS SSB K0HW SO Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 26 19:35:58 EST 2007

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: K0HW
Operator(s): K0HW
Station: K0HW

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: South Dakota

I am a little late at submitting this.  It was one of my most fun SweepStakes
ever.  I really enjoy all the QSOs with old and new contest friends.  This year
was the second time I have had a clean sweep in the phone contest and the first
time ever I have had a clean sweep in both CW and Phone.  It seems that both on
CW and Phone this contest produced the best results on 40 and 80 meters from
this location.  I am using a HyGain HyTower this year for the first time as my
only antenna on 40 and it really played well.  I also used it on 75 meters as
the dipole seemed to knock out my internet lan connection.  The packet spotting
networks are the best for getting those multiplier spots.

I just can not get used to the sit on a frequency and call CQ method so I did a
lot of S&P but looking back at my rates I think next year I will just have to
stay on one frequency and call from it 90% of the time.

It is great to see the two high scoring South Dakota stations W0SD (W0DB) and
KD0S (WD0T) on making sure this great state is in everyone's logs as a
multiplier.  If you missed SD this year you were not trying very hard.

ICOM 756PROII, Ameritron AL-1200, Writelog, Dipoles, HyGain HyTower and HyGain
TH11DX