[3830] CQWW CW ZL1TM SOAB(A) LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Nov 27 03:08:15 EST 2007

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: ZL1TM
Operator(s): ZL1TM
Station: ZL1TM

Class: SOAB(A) LP
QTH: Auckland
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:    0     0        0
   80:   39    20       32
   40:  107    25       78
   20:  261    30       84
   15:  357    22       52
   10:   15     5        5
------------------------------
Total:  779   102      251  Total Score = 775,188

Considering the band conditions before the contest and limited operating time I
decided to set my own objectives:
- work some new countries on 80m: 10 worked
- work DXCC (100 different countries): 123 worked
- make at least 500 contacts: 779 made

Conditions were bad on Saturday, but improved on Sunday. After spending most of
the first night on 80m and working 10 new coutries I couldn't resist to have
some fun and had good EU pile-up on 15m on the second evening (NZ time). 10m
opened to US, but ZL2BSJ and mine spots attracted little attention. N5XJ was
the only US staion worked on Sunday (NZ time) with strong signal. 2 x UA0 and 1
x UA9 were worked on 10m also with nice signals. I had to go to work and didn't
have chance to check 10m again on the next day.
Thanks a lot to H7/K9NW for coming back to my CQ on 2 bands. And 80m QSO surely
much appreciated. ZB2X and CN2FB were extreamly strong on 80m and came back on
the first call. Thank you. 80m was in good shape, I wish I had more power.
On the downside... guys you really have to finish QSO. I appreciate you
treasure your time, but you need to wait for TU to ensure QSO is complete. And
if I send you report instead that means I am not sure on your callsign. One of
EU big guns will see NIL in their UBN on 15m.

TS-570DG, 95 watts
3 el tribander, dipoles
Auckland

Regards & 73!