[3830] CQWW CW OF6NIO SOAB(A) HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Nov 28 16:08:15 EST 2007

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: OF6NIO
Operator(s): OF6NIO
Station: OF6NIO

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: Mieto

  160:   44     7       32
   80:  500    17       72
   40:  431    31      115
   20:  513    35      115
   15:  171    29      104
   10:   13     5       12

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

Before the contest I had a plan to operate more than I finally could. Suffering
from tonsillitis made it very difficult to run the contest. Although I took a
lot of breaks I was very tired and didn't feel myself well. Running so2r was
out of the question this time. Just before the contest my 160m inverted vee
broke down. In the contest I had to use a wrong antenna on 160m and hence lost
some 30 multipliers. On the ssb-leg I already thought that the propagation
couldn't get any worse. How wrong was I. The QSO-distribution on CW was 65% EU
and only 15% NA. On Sunday morning the usual greyline opening on the lowbands
was completely blocked by the aurora. It really hurt my multipliers on 80m. 20m
was a big dissapointment. The band was almost closed after our sunset. The
biggest thrill in the contest was when AH2R was coming back to my CQ on 80m. It
was also fun to break DXCC on 15m despite the challenging propagation.