[3830] CQWW CW VU2PTT SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Nov 29 14:38:55 EST 2007

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: VU2PTT
Operator(s): VU2PTT
Station: VU2PTT

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Bangalore, MK82tx

   40:  248    24       78
   20:  129    21       60
   15:  289    24       71
   10:   11     7        9

Club: SCCC - DX Member

Comments:

Rig: Icom IC-746 PRO - 100 watts
Ant: Force 12 C3S for 20-15-10m @ 70', Wire vertical for 40 m
Logger: N1MM Logger on Dell Latitude D520 laptop

This was planned to be a very serious effort for the full 48 hours atleast on
80-10m. However business pressures did not let me put up the 80m vertical. Also
lost 18 hours of prime operating time due to the same reason. All that was left
was to have fun :)

The new beam here, a used C3S played well (with intermittent jumps in SWR) but
10m was dead most of the time. 15 was quite good with a host of great signals
and some nice little runs - the highlight being SU8BHI calling me on my run
frequency for zone 34! My 20m band was killed by hash from the switch mode
power supply; I had to switch it off and run on the backup battery which made
the difference between night and day. Apologies to many who may have felt I was
an alligator there although I worked a few big NA stations including K3LR and
KC1XX.

40m was the magic band and I even managed to hold a run frequency for an hour
with my puny 100 watts :) Great signals from all round and I think I worked
most of the Carribean mults including Kenny C6ATA whom I managed to miss last
year. Getting through to mults on the first call and being called by a host of
mults like KH6, ZL, PS2T on my 40m run frequency made me feel loud :)

Hopefully next year I will be bale to operate the full 48 hours and work all
the mults I missed this year. Those that got away include 3X5A and as usual I
still have not worked Zone 6 in a CQWW since 1987 - the eternal challenge!!!