[3830] CQ WW RTTY AA4LR SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Oct 2 21:13:31 EDT 2007

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: AA4LR
Operator(s): AA4LR
Station: AA4LR

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: GA

   80:   14   23       8       7     7
   40:   58  108      20      20    10
   20:   51  121      12      26    12
   15:  128   25       3       9     6
   10:   12   36       0       6     4
Total:  147  313      43      68    39  Total Score = 46,950

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Antennas:
Cushcraft A3S/A743 at 15m (40m-10m)
Shunt-fed 15m tower (80m)

Equipment:
Elecraft K2/100 w/KAT100
Ameritron AL-80A running about 400 watts
Ancient Toshiba laptop
N1MM software with MMTTY

Comments:

A very busy weekend, but I managed to put a few hours in Saturday evening and
Sunday afternoon. Very easy to work stations at this time, since they've worked
just about everyone else.

Funny story Saturday night. Everyone else had gone to bed, so I cranked up the
station. I noticed a weird hum coming from the amplifier that I couldn't
explain. About 15 minutes later, I heard my kids stomping around and screaming
in the kitchen. I ran upstairs to find the cause. Turns out, my rig was getting
into a set of powered computer speakers in the kitchen and tha was the source of
the weird hum. I turned the speakers off and sent the kids to bed.