[3830] CQ WW RTTY IQ4AX(@IO4T) M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Oct 3 16:16:46 EDT 2007

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: IQ4AX
Operator(s): IZ4JMA, IZ4EFN
Station: IO4T

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Modena

   80:   61   125       0       19     7
   40:  151   317       3       38    16
   20:  581  1454      41       64    25
   15:   19    51       0       18    13
   10:    2     5       0        2     2
Total:  814  1952      44      141    63  Total Score = 484,096

Club: Worldwide Young Contesters

Comments:

Great Contest!

We had a lot of fun as first experience on ratty.

We operated just a few hours from the running seat at IO4T. No multiplier
station has been driven.

Due to our spare time, we worked mostly 20 and 40m, 90% of the time during the
daytime.
During the second night, we also used the contest as a benchmark for our RX
antennas: a K9AY and a Beverage toward US were switched over every call,
comparing signal srenght and noise level on the spectrum. RTTY can be pretty
useful for such a test.

A list of interesting DX follows:

JA  48
9M  3
ZL  2
VK  3
E21 1
JT  1
BY  3
VR  3
HL  6
DU  2
YB  1

plus KL7 and KH6.

Working condition:

FT1000MP - AL1200

80m: 1/4 wavelenght vertical
40m: Sloping dipoles
20m: 5L HY-GAIN beaming US / KT34A
15m: 5L HY-GAIN / KT34A
10m: KT34A

Software: Win-Test running MMTTY keying through FSK.

We are planning a serious effort for next year, and some minor & serious
activity all over the season.

Thanks you guys for such a fun, work you soon on ratty as IO4T - IQ4AX!

IZ4JMA Max (iz4jma AT arimodena.it)
IZ4EFN Alessio (iz4efn AT arimodena.it)