[3830] IlQP K8MR Fixed HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Oct 22 15:26:13 EDT 2007

                    Illinois QSO Party

Call: K8MR
Operator(s): K8MR
Station: K8MR

Class: Fixed HP
QTH: Ohio

   40:     80      104
------------------------
Total:     80      104  Mults = 75  Total Score = 19,800

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

People of Illinois: I feel your pain. We've had much the same situation the last
two years in Ohio, Michigan, and Pennsylvania, little in state propagation on 40
(or above), while people 500 miles away were booming in.

This weekend I took advantage of that for a few hours, turning on the amp to be
as loud as possible in Illinois, and went at it until I had to leave for work
about 4 pm EDT. Good activity on both modes, even if you couldn't hear each
other. Most of my SSB qsos were by CQing. High point was the last 3 "qsos",
when N9FN (4 counties), W9TY (3) and AA9LT (3) called in on SSB in a row. That
got my NA 10-minute timer to the highest I've ever seen, 579/hour  :>)

I too hope for some sunspots ASAP, especially by my next trip out for the
Michigan QSO Party in April.

73  -  Jim   K8MR