[3830] NCCC Sprint N6RO HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Oct 25 23:34:42 EDT 2007

                    NCCC Sprint - Oct 26

Call: N6RO
Operator(s): N6RO
Station: N6RO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: EB
Operating Time (hrs): .5

Total:  45     21  Total Score = 1,218

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Good participation tonight, but some confusion over the modified rules (dupes ok
on OTHER bands). No matter, I think we all learned something about our station
and logging S/W tonight, and that's one of the main reasons we practice before
major contests. I changed one dupe command in TRLog, and the program
mis-behaved throughout the practice.  After, I returned the config. to my usual
SS format, and all was well.

20m skip was good for about 8 minutes, then went away. Didn't spend much time
on 40, as 80 was good.  160m might be useful in the real thing if the MUF goes
below 3 Mhz, as it has done a few days in October.

The post-contest gathering on 3610 was well attended with useful comments from
all.

Next week we'll use the real SS rules, NO DUPES anywhere!