[3830] CQWW SSB W7WHY SOAB(A) HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 28 19:55:18 EST 2007

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: W7WHY
Operator(s): W7WHY
Station: W7WHY

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: OR

   80:    7     4        3
   40:    8     6        5
   20:   70    15       24
   15:   67    15       35

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

I had set a goal of 150 Q's (just don't like to work SSB) and made it with 2 to
spare.

This was mostly a Saturday effort as I had church, a wedding, (walked the bride
down the aisle), and a reception on Sunday afternoon.  Got back home at 0030Z.

It was fun to be able to work 15 meters again here.  Made almost as many Q's on
15 as I did on 20, and I'm only using a dipole at 20 feet on 15.  Nada on 10
here, even though I checked it quite often.

Forty meters was pretty much a bust here as my single vertical just doesn't get
through like it did when I had 3 of them up.  I need to get the other 2 back in
service again.

Good ears award has to go to C50C.  They got me on 40 the my first call.  73
and CU in the next one.
Tom W7WHY

Radio 1  TS-450SAT + SB-200 ~500 watts
Radio 2  TS-450SAT
80 meter dipole, 40 meter vertical, 2 el 20 meter HB yagi, 15 meter dipole.

N1MM Logger 7.10.3