[3830] CQWW SSB VY2ZM SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Oct 29 04:48:34 EST 2007

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: VY2ZM
Operator(s): VY2ZM
Station: VY2ZM

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: PEI

  160:  507    17       76
   80:  527    21       81
   40:  762    26       97
   20: 2139    32      112
   15: 1891    27      111
   10:   23    12       19

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Wow! Condx were much better on 15m than I was expecting - with rates over 200
for 5 hours on Saturday morning.  I wasn't ready for this....and it was nice to
work a zone 17 and 18 once again on that band.

Lowband condx were remarkably good as well - even 10m opened some to EU the 2nd
day.  I think I was late on Sunday morning for the best part of the EU opening
but did manage a few to get a few for zones 14/15/20.

I managed a 300 hour on Sunday afternoon into the USA on 20M - probably my best
ever from here (or anywhere else for that matter.)

40m was very very tough both nights - even with some new antennas that were
installed over the summer - phone is always a struggle no matter what you do on
that band.  Give me CW on that band ANY DAY!!

All in all, it was fun to operate this weekend and I am pleased with the
results as it was a personal best from this station.  This contest should be
great fun once again in a few years when 10m returns.

Many thanks to all the old friends who called in - it was nice to see some of
the old timers like F2YT, I8MPO, GI3OQR and others that I am too tired to
remember just now.

CU next month on CW.

73 JEFF  VY2ZM

K1ZM at aol.com