[3830] CQWW SSB 4O3A SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Oct 29 06:00:21 EST 2007

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: 4O3A
Operator(s): 4O3A
Station: 4O3A

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Obosnik

  160:  237    11       57
   80:  650    18       82
   40:  601    28       96
   20: 1757    32      117
   15: 1427    34      121
   10:  461    17       70

Club: SKY Contest Club

Comments:

New SO2R station layout with fully automation works fine and it’s really
something I am proud about.

This time was no lucky with weather. As station is very weather dependable (
hilltop and poor grounding ), huge thunderstorm put me in position to think
about quitting contest and switching station off for grounding. But I decided
to put in some risk. Low bands were so noisy, even on beverages and I did not
use my advantage on low bands at all. Even on beverages I had noise on few S
unit levels. It was funny that I was running on 160M first night, because on
80M and 40M I had terrible static. Beverages were only on 160M useful at that
moment.

In generally conditions were good. Second day I expected to have luck with USA
conditions on high bands, but it was worse than first afternoon.

Thanks’ to all for calling and see you in CQ WW CW.

Ranko – 4O3A