[3830] CQWW SSB W4WS(KG4NEP) SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Oct 29 11:09:03 EST 2007

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: W4WS
Operator(s): KG4NEP
Station: KG4NEP

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: NC

  160:   16     5        5
   80:   68    14       29
   40:  174    20       59
   20:  551    27       77
   15:  766    22       82
   10:    0     0        0

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

This was my First attempt at Single-Op in CQWW. I came up a little short of my
goal of 2,000 Q's and 400 mults. And 40Hr's op time. But theres always next
time? The bands were much better Sat. than Sunday from here.
 Fri. nite was a N-S duck shoot.
15M was outstanding Sat. but not quite as good Sunday. I lost my 5ele. 20m ant.
due to the heavy rains all day Fri. & Sat. So the mult ant. (C3) held its own.
There is a BIG difference between 5ele & 2ele at the same height.I missed any
10m openings there may have been from here but I never heard a peep when I did
check.
However I did work several new ones and had some interesting DX call me.
Thanks to all for the Q's. And to W4WS crew for there support. ( They operated
W4NC this year from the Forsyth Amateur Radio Club station.)
KG4NEP/V26RW