[3830] CQWW SSB K3CR(LZ4AX) SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Oct 30 19:02:19 EST 2007

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: K3CR
Operator(s): LZ4AX
Station: K3CR

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: State College, PA

  160:   54    13       33
   80:  306    18       74
   40:  201    22       71
   20: 1042    34      113
   15:  935    25       94
   10:  107    15       34

Club: North Coast Contesters

Comments:

The first phone contest I actually did enjoy. I've been neglecting the station
for too long and it finally paid me back. After the European sunrise on
Saturday it became clear that it is not going to be a competitive entry, so I
just took the ride. For a first time in a phone contest didn't get a headache
and didn't even feel sleepy. Went to bed both nights mostly because no one
would hear me anymore and it was REALLY frustrating. At some point got really
irritated and even yelled at some guys who insisted on giving their calls only
once despite my 6th or 7th request for a refill. After that developed a new
rule - just move on after the second request. It really did work for me - saved
a lot of time. Well, maybe some contacts too.
Congratulations to K5ZD for the fantastic score ! I knew that M/S stations will
have hard time trying to get him but couldn't imagine that it would be tough for
M/2 too. Congratulations also to NN3W and K4ZW for proving that big scores do
not come from New England only.

Thanks to Jim, WA3FET for letting me operate the station again and to all of
you who called. CU in CW !

73, Alex LZ4AX