[3830] CQWW SSB W6QU(W8QZA) SOAB QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Oct 31 14:23:40 EST 2007

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: W6QU
Operator(s): W8QZA
Station: W8QZA

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: San Diego, CA

  160:    1     1        1
   80:   14     4        4
   40:   27     8       10
   20:   66    16       20
   15:  111    20       46
   10:   50    10       13

Rig:
Elecraft K-2 (5 watts)
Yaesu FT-817 (5 watts) when the K-2 had problems!

Antennas:
SteppIR 3 el up 32 feet.
Butternut HF-2V Vertical for 40-80
DX-LB for 160

This contest challenged my patience.  Almost every Q was a struggle.
Occasionally I would get a station on the first call, and that was great!

Then came the last hour on 15 meters, and suddenly I was working B7P, VR2C,
E52JD, 9M8YY, AH2R, V73RY, KL7RA, a few ZLs and VKs, and a bunch of JAs.

In addition, I worked more KH6s in this contest than I have ever worked in a
contest in my life, with 12 different stations worked on 15 M alone.  I have
never seen so many KH6 contesters in a contest!!  They were all very welcome!

Well, here's a toast to better sunspots in our future!

Bill Parker   W8QZA / W6QU