[3830] CQWW SSB VK4TI M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Oct 31 15:31:31 EST 2007

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: VK4TI
Operator(s): VK4HAM,VK4NDX,VK4BAA,VK4TI
Station: VK4TI

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Toowoomba QLD

  160:    0     0        0
   80:    1     1        1
   40:   19    10       11
   20:  516    71       29
   15:  608    24       44
   10:  455     9        7
------------------------------
Total: 1599   135       72  Total Score = 948,060

Club: VKCC

Comments:

We had hassles from:

A couple of PCs over the two days
An amplifier
Tribander
dodgy 40/80 vertical which caused much hassle for the more able antenna minded
members of
the Team, as they got saddled with trying to fix it
My ATU - death by moisture due to the storm
Dodgy TX/RX relay on my MP - needs to be fixed ASAP!
Andrew's Icom got stroppy and refused to switch Trent's amplifier initially -
it cured itself!

LF was pretty much unusable during the contest. HF was more interesting and we
had a great run
on 10m at the begining of the contest. It was as much as I could do to get the
calls into the log.
Great fun.

15m also did much of the same - but sporadically.

20m was a little variable too, but often provided a great run.

40m was not usuable due to TVI problems.

80m was a non-starter for all manner of reasons, but antenna hassles didn't
help.

160m was a re-tuned 80m antenna and was engulfed in storm static and local
noise.

All in all a part-time, band limited and un-assisted MS attempt for the VK4TI
Team. The score will
easily be improved upon!