[3830] NCCC Sprint VA7ST HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Sep 6 23:08:13 EDT 2007

                    NCCC Sprint - Sep 7

Call: VA7ST
Operator(s): VA7ST
Station: VA7ST

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: BC

   80:   3      1
   40:  22     12
   20:   8      6
Total:  33     19  Total Score = 627

Well, that was great fun -- running the amp for a change. 20M was rotten to the
core, 40M was very good, and I forgot about 80M till the last three minutes and
it was pretty lousy when I got there.

Figured a bit of power would help out, but this was only a so-so score compared
to many weeks in NS Sprints (mults per band makes the NS points soar). One of my
better 30-minute Q totals, though could have been a lot better if I was tuning
around faster. Get beat out on a couple of juicy mults.

Super practice for Saturday evening though. Will be in there with the Thursday
night wild bunch scrapping like crazy for Qs. Point northwest if you want an
easy BC mult!

-- Bud, VA7ST