[3830] NA Sprint CW W6/VK2IMM QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Sep 9 00:17:38 EDT 2007

                    NA Sprint CW Contest

Call: W6/VK2IMM
Operator(s): VK2IMM
Station: W6/VK2IMM

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: San Jose

---------------------
Total:  17     Mults = 11  Total Score = 187

Club:

Team:

Comments:

Rig: MFJ9020, 5w
Ant: Two elevated verticals

Log: N1MM

I was interested in trying one of these sprints before and this was a good
opportunity to do it. For more fun I decided to use a small single band QRP
radio.

Propagation was good but it did not contribute to any success. It was nearly
impossible to make any QSOs running 5w during first half an hour, although it
had become better after that contacts were still not rolling in and I decided
to switch into "dinner" mode after some time. I think I got myself doing right
things with logging on fifth contact or so. If I have a chance to do it again I
would certainly go for a 100 w category next time.

Regards,

Sergey