[3830] NA Sprint CW P4/W2GD(@P40W) HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Sep 9 00:32:12 EDT 2007

                    NA Sprint CW Contest

Call: P4/W2GD
Operator(s): W2GD
Station: P40W

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Aruba

---------------------

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Team: FRC Sprinters #2

Comments:

Stn: Borrowed FT1000 (mni tnx to W6LD and AE6Y)  TenTec Titan  1KW
80M Inv V @ 70'
40M 2el Wire Beam NW @ 70'
20M F12 4 el @ 72'
WIN TEST Software

No keying interface....so had to send the whole contest by hand - and it showed
since I found it very hard to send P4/W2GD and not P40W after nearly 20 years.
Have a much better appreciation for DXpeditioners who must use a / callsign.
Yuck!

Condx were best on 20M as expected.  40M was just OK.  80M QRN was very tough
and had no time this afternoon to hook up the beverage.  Just 2 band changes.

Still a very nice way to spend a Saturday evening.  PHIL G. got a very nice and
appropriate tribute...RIP my friend.

Only section heard but missed was MD.  KH6/W6PH called in but Kurt my friend,
its not a counter.  Nice to also hear K6VVA/KL7, VY1/N3DXX and NP3D. Oh, VE9DX
snuck in there too.

Never heard RI, VT, KY, UT, ND, SD, UT, NF, NS, VE2, VE4, VE5, VE6, or VE7.

I'll claim a new Aruba record in the NA Sprint for my effort. :-)

Will be back here for CQWW PH and CW as P40W in the months ahead.

73,

John W2GD