[3830] NA Sprint CW KZ5D HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Sep 9 08:45:39 EDT 2007

                    NA Sprint CW Contest

Call: KZ5D
Operator(s): KZ5D
Station: KZ5D

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: LA

---------------------

Club: Cajun Contest Club

Team: Austin Powers Dashers

Comments:

Great contest and lots of fun. I got off to a flying start with a computer
logging glitch after the second QSO. Had a time unraveling the entry error (my
mistake, not N1MM). The distraction slowed me down and I lost cncentration, but
did get my head back in to the contest to finish the hour with 84, my best first
hour ever.

Hour two netted 77 Qs. I seemed to be in the right place at the right time to
pick up lots of nice mults. (Great sigs from AK via K6VVA/KL7 and the Carribean
via P40/W2GD). With these two guys on both ends of NA coming through very
nicely, we knew the bands were open.

Someone turned my receiver off in hour 3. Rate dropped to a dismal 59. I lost
concentration completely. Had a horrible first 30 minutes with only 22 Qs. Got
up, washed my face and jumped in for the final half hour to salvage(?) a 59
hour.

So after 3 hours, I still had a shot at the elusive 300 Q total, but I needed
another good hour. Jumped on 80 with a vengeance. But it ws not to be. The band
was extremely noisy here. Ended up asking for many repeats (that does slow one's
rate down), and even went without a QSO in the last 2 minutes!

Thanks to the first two strong hours, this is my best Sprint score ever. Thanks
to all for lots of fun. February can't come fast enough! 300 Qs for sure!