[3830] NA Sprint CW K5GO LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Sep 9 11:35:44 EDT 2007

                    NA Sprint CW Contest

Call: K5GO
Operator(s): K5GO
Station: K5GO

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: ARKANSAS

   80:   79    1:15
   40:   82    1:15
   20:  100    1:30
---------------------

Team: Austin Powers Ditters

Comments:

It has been about six or seven years since I worked this contest.  I found out
Kevin signed me up on a low power team and asked that I at least get on and
give him Arkansas.  He was going to work the contest low power from his house
where he has a  quarter wavelength wire in parallel for 80/40/20.  He has two
radios,  knows how to use them, and I am confused enough with one.

I decided to work it full time. I had about a 15 dB advantage on 20M, an
equivalent antenna on 40M (dipole at 25 feet) and a 4 Square that would not
switch directions for 80.  When we had dinner before the contest, Kevin's wife,
Jennifer, said, "Well, you have a big advantage." I said, "I'm not sure of that,
Kevin is a better operator, has two radios, etc. but I am still the better
golfer" :-)  When the final results of our little competition were tallied, we
had exactly the same number of contacts. Perhaps I will edge him out on
multipliers.

It turned out to be a lot of fun, and I look forward to another one.

Stan, K5GO