[3830] ARRL Sep VHF W0ZQ Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Sep 10 10:09:29 EDT 2007

                    ARRL September VHF QSO Party

Call: W0ZQ
Operator(s): W0ZQ
Station: W0ZQ

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: EN34
Operating Time (hrs):

  1.2:   26    13
  2.3:   10     8
  3.4:    8     6
  5.7:    1     1
  10G:    1     1
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  276   130  Total Score = 64,480

Club: Northern Lights Radio Society

Comments:

It was fun to operate my home station for a change.  High band conditions have
been punk for what seems to have been forever, so it was a thrill to hear some
"DX" from K9CT (EN50) on 2, 222, and 432 near the start of the contest. We
tried 902, but no go there.  Glen, KC0IYT/R, was SSB quality on 6m through
3456.  Then I found Dave, N9TTX/R in EN47 on 2, 222, and 432. Shortly after
that we had a brief (but very welcomed) 6m E open into the LA & TX area.
Wahoo, a contest with some good conditions !  Could it be .... a contest with
good conditions ?  Then the cold front came through (drat) and things tanked
for Sat evening into most of Sunday.  No E's on Sunday, but the tropo started
to return slowly on Sunday late afternoon with K2DRH (EN41)into the log on 6m
thru 2304 and K2YAZ (EN74) on 2m through 1296 ... that was fun.  Also caught
Dennis, NT0V (EN08 - ND) on 2, 222, and 432 at this time.  The locally
organized(NLRS/Badgers/CVVHF) east-west activty hours (one on Sat, one on
Sunday) helped to keep activiy going.  Last, but MOST important, thanks to the
rovers: KC0IYT/R, WA0VPJ/R, N9TTX/R, W9FZ/R, KC0P/R, N9UUR/R, N0DQS/R, AND
WB0LJC/R.  Where would VHF contesting be without rovers ?