[3830] WAE SSB K1TTT(N7ZG) Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Sep 13 03:01:11 EDT 2007

                    WAE DX Contest, SSB

Call: K1TTT
Operator(s): N7ZG
Station: K1TTT

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: WMA

   80:  188    84   140
   40:   84    67    87
   20:  982  1018   102
   15:  141    30    58
   10:
-------------------------
Total: 1395  1199   387  Total Score = 1,003,878

Many thanks to David, K1TTT for letting me use his superstation and for his
hospitality.

The contest started out slowly on 40M.   I struggled a bit with 40M split.
Just a mental block I guess.

The new 80M 4 square played very well both nights into EU.

On Saturday, I got a good run going on 20M.  My best hour was a rate of 80 at
about 1400Z.

No 15M on the first day.   We had to shut down for awhile twice on Sat night
due to thunderstorms.

The rates were decent on Sunday as well.  This time 15M opened up.  It was a
week and spotty opening at first.   Then the opening broadened and my best hour
was a rate of about 60 at 1400Z as well.   The opening ran from 1300-1600.

Then it was back to 20M for awhile.   It seemed to me that I worked alot of
QSO's with the number of 1.

There was another shutdown on Sunday due to another thunderstorm moving through
the Peru, MA area.  I had to meet up with some family members I hadn't seen for
many years, so the operation was cut short by about 4 hours.   I hated to leave
QSO's and QTC's on the table.   I feel that overall I did a decent job of
dumping QTC's.

Many thanks to all the great and courteous EU ops.  It was a pleasure to work
you all.   Thanks for the Q's and a good time.

73 - Guy, N7ZG