[3830] NA Sprint SSB K0OU HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Sep 16 00:37:30 EDT 2007

                    NA Sprint SSB Contest

Call: K0OU
Operator(s): K0OU
Station: K0OU

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: MO

---------------------

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Team: Sprintin' Ain't Easy #1

Comments:

As in every sprint the 3rd hour killed me. Everyone has left 20, no gone to 80
yet, and no one new to work on 40. I'm going to have to devise a new strategy.
Mults also a little anemic. Heard but did not work NJ, MT, and NE. Managed to
work KL7, KH6, VE9, and XE on 3 bands. Where was CT, NC, AR and OK? I never
heard them and they are usually easy.
I had been fighting an ear infection, and wasn't hearing 100% but it seemed to
resolve well enough for me to sprint for 4 hours. Fun once again. Maybe someday
I'll learn how to do this.
Heard the guy on 14.275 go into a rave about everyone calling on his QSO freq,
but I wondered what kind of QSO he was having that he never talked to his QSO,
just gripped at the contesters - at least for the 5 to 10 minutes I heard him.
Even the guys on 3.835 kept the freq busy talking to each other - I respect
that and will do everything in my power to aloow them their QSO.
Got a bottle of wine in the mail from last year's CA QSO Party. TNX to the NCCC
for the award and will see every one in this year's CQP - the next contest on my
agenda. 73 to all and CU later- Steve in MO K0OU - QRZed?