[3830] Salmon Run K7WA/M Multi-Op Mobile LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Sep 17 13:07:12 EDT 2007

                    Washington State Salmon Run

Call: K7WA/M
Operator(s): K7WA, KD7PTG
Station: K7WA/M

Class: Multi-Op Mobile LP
QTH: Multi
Operating Time (hrs):

----------------------------
Total:  490    100      0  Mults = 73  Total Score = 150,000

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

Went out this year with my cousin Bill KD7PTG on Saturday, then continued home
on Sunday - appreciated all the activity!  Hope we had some Clean Sweeps of all
39 Counties this year!!

Saturday:
Asotin/Garfield:  QTH was south and east of Pomeroy, WA at 3900 ft in the
rolling wheat fields - 15 miles in on a rough gravel road (we found the paved
road on the way out).
Columbia/Walla Walla:  QTH near Waitsburg, WA - nice quiet site with a great
sunset and crescent moon over the wheat fields.  Our 80 meter dipole held up
with PVC mast was a killer antenna!
Sunday:
Adams/Franklin:  On Hwy 24 south of Othello, WA near a bridge over an
irrigation canal - great swallow nests under the bridge!
Grant:  A few miles west on Hwy 25 in the Hanford Reach Ntl Monument - grass
and sagebrush on one side and charred vegitation and ash on the other - saw
several large burns on this trip.
Benton/Yakima:  Dead end road west of the Vernita Bridge over the Columbia
River - more farm country, but with noisy power line.
Kittitas:  Public Fishing site south of Ellensburg, WA - had a high wind
warning (40 mph); the van was rocking while I was keying and talking!

Thanks everyone for making the 2007 Salmon Run a success!!

73,  Jim  K7WA