[3830] TxQP K0XP SO CW LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Sep 30 17:44:14 EDT 2007

                    Texas QSO Party

Call: K0XP
Operator(s): K0XP
Station: K0XP

Class: SO CW LP
QTH: CT

  UHF:
----------------------------
Total:   55     0       0  Mults = 48  Total Score = 9,420

Score includes 1500 bonus points for working NO5W/M 7 times, K5P/M 6 times, and
W0BH/M 5 times. Those guys had great 20m CW mobile signals just about all the
time on Sunday. One other unnamed mobile was also always strong but didn't seem
to hear very well at all; missed him in at least 3 counties.

Way too much ratty QRM way too low in the band on 40 to hear anybody Saturday
night, plus the contest period ended way too early before 40 and especially 80m
hit their stride. Later, around 03 to 05Z, 80 became great throughout the states
but alas, it didn't count for the TQP  ;o((((((((  QSO Parties outta run through
at least 10 pm in the state on Saturday night so we can take advantage of good
conditions on the low bands, if not run continuously throughout throughout the
whole contest period. I don't care for contests that have "breather" periods
that break up the contest into portions; you miss too many short openings that
way.

Only had limited time on Sunday and during the last hours on 20, most weaker
mobiles didn't seem to be hearing hearing very well. A few mobiles were so weak
that I never heard them at all; only knew they were there by the pileups from
other parts of the continent and a few packet spots. Had to call some of them
that I could hear for 10 or 15 minutes and one guy, I called so long that he
went through TWO counties before he finally heard me!! They were all unique
counties, too...  ;o((((

But thanks to the TQP sponsors, anyway, for a bit of sane CW contesting during
this insane weekend of ratty sneaking as low as 7015....  ;o