[3830] SP DX VE1RGB SOABCW LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Apr 6 11:56:59 EDT 2008

                    SP DX Contest

Call: VE1RGB
Operator(s): VE1RGB
Station: VE1RGB

Class: SOABCW LP
QTH: Halifax, NS

  160:    3             3
   80:   42            16
   40:   40            16
   20:   53            16
---------------------------
Total:  138     0      51  Total Score = 21,114

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Comments:

Hard going from here, but this is my best score ever in this contest (seventh in
a row) and very satisfying to get the sweep of the Polish provinces on three
bands.    All of the bands were very, very noisy, and by mid-night last night
(local) I was using the beverage and at the same time I had the K3 configured
with Attenuation ON, Noise Reducer ON, Noise Blanker ON, the filters narrowed
up, and the RF gain backed off from 5 o'clock to 12 o'clock, all to improve my
SNR.  Good thing the radio has lots of AF Gain!

Congratulations to the SPs on their 75th anniversary of SPDX from the Halifax
Amateur Radio Club, which is Canada's first established ARC, also celebrating
its 75th anniversary in August 2008 (see http://www.halifax-arc.org/).

Rig:  K3/100 #095
Antennas:  Steppir (BigIR) vertical, 80 and 160M dipoles, and beverage + DX
Engineering NCC-1 Noise Canceling Controller.

73,
Gary, VE1RGB