[3830] GaQP N4PN Rover HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Apr 14 11:26:24 EDT 2008

                    Georgia QSO Party

Call: N4PN
Operator(s): N4PN
Station: N4PN

Class: Rover HP
QTH: Rover

--------------------
Total:  1520   317  CW Mults = 1  Ph Mults = 1  Total Score = 100,458

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Got a late start due to grand daughter's gym meet in Carrollton (Carroll),
After running only three counties, rig quit keying on CW...have spare but
didn't think to take it along..After rig stopped, we headed for Macon.
Retooled and headed out but not too much success. Last county of Saturday
night (UPSOn) only made 10cw and 8ph contacts. Missed five counties the
first day due to rig problems.
Started out Sunday in JOHNson County. Sunday was great with no problems and
very few wrong turns and no equipment problems except for random computer
lock-up..Condx bad on 20m (felt bad for west coast..i.e., N6MU and others.)
Best county was CANDler on Sunday afternoon with 71CW and 32PH Q's...
Loudest DX was OM2VL on 20m and 40m - he was stronger than most US stations
even on 40m. Ladi you got it going!!
Thanks to Tom, K3TW who recorded my run in BENHill County and forwarded it
to me last night...Sounded like I was back at Spratly Island or some other
rare DX location.
Never heard another mobile in GA. Worked a few portable and fixed stations.
Worked four stations on 160m from JASPer county when we stopped for a snack and
to refuel...piece of wire over to a tree....guess it was a waste of time but
first year for Top Band operation in the GAQP and couldn't resist trying..
Thanks to all who participated...I hope that all 159 counties were active as
planned. The ones I missed, I'm almost sure they were activated by others.
Thanks to my pal Jeff for again giving up his weekend to drive. Same remarks as
in the past, "all of you are nutz" and with all of those "things" on the top and
back of the car, "I feel like Fred Sanford"...the junk man...
Til the next one...be safe and good health....my back is shot this morning.
73, Paul