[3830] EU Sprint CW OL0W(OK1DSZ) HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Apr 15 10:48:05 EDT 2008

                    EU Spring Sprint, CW

Call: OL0W
Operator(s): OK1DSZ
Station: OL7R

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Stribro
Operating Time (hrs): 3:45

---------------------
Total:  125   Total Score = 125

Thanks to OL7R gang/OK3RM for allowing me to use the station for this private
effort. See www.ol7r.net for station details.

Some comments:
- first time in sprint with win-test. Not bad, but some key features from TRlog
were missed.

- lost first 15 minutes because of some important interconnection cables were
missing in the shack. Anyway I do not think I lost much here.

- terrible condx on 20. First CQ - N4AF calls. Second CQ - K1DG calls. Both
with big signals. On the other hand unable to attract UA4FER when beaming 5
elements and 1500W to him. Definitely too late for EU on this band. If I was
operating from home I would probably give up and play with daughters.

- 4 el beam on 40m is not the best antenna to work central EU from central EU
after sunset. Doing JI DX would be probably more fun as I got at least 10 JAs
calls when beaming to Russia.

- 80 was the only band where I felt really sprinting

- there is simple equation: the higher QRQ the higher probability he will ask
for repeat of the name

- is there anybody east of CT and perhaps G, who believes shift by 1 hour later
was good decision?

Anyway it wasn't that bad. Thanks for all qsos and see you next time.

Zdenek OK1DSZ