[3830] NCCC Sprint K6VVA LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Apr 17 23:48:31 EDT 2008

                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - Apr 18

Call: K6VVA
Operator(s): K6VVA
Station: K6VVA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: RF Hole
Operating Time (hrs): .5

  160:   2      1
   80:   6      3
   40:  22     12
   20:   6      3
-------------------
Total:  36     19  Total Score = 684

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

The first few minutes on 20m were great and then it was like a black hole
swallowed up the band.

My regular 40m low inverted vee is broadside for the SF Bay Area and NorthWest,
so this afternoon I put up another low 40m wire broadside to the Midwest & East
Coast hoping that might help.  {SIGH} ... Unfortunatley, it did not make up for
operator deficiencies here.  I seem to be going backwards score wise.

Conspicuously missing (or not heard tonight)were K4BAI, K7SS and W7OM, but glad
Brian/N7LOX and Ralph/K1ZZI were on board for a few WA & GA Q's.

It used to be like shooting fish in a barrel to work multiple Q's with W4NZ,
KZ5D and K9BGL, but they were like rare NS DX at my QTH.  Did finally connect
with Ted once but didn't hear Art after the checkered flag dropped and got beat
out twice calling Karl.

Missed Kelly/VE4XT on 40m, but what a thrill to connect on 80m from here.  You
have become a great NS'er, OM !!!

I really think we could all make more Q's if everyone would S-P-R-E-A-D O-U-T
more.  95% of NS'ers on 40m are QRM-Jammed between 7039 and 7043 it seems.

Apologies for the mistyped callsigns by my fumble fingers tonight.

73 & Tnx for the Q's...

Rick, K6VVA