[3830] FlQP VA7ST SOABCW HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Apr 27 21:04:39 EDT 2008

                    Florida QSO Party

Call: VA7ST
Operator(s): VA7ST
Station: VA7ST

Class: SOABCW HP
QTH: BC

   40:
   20:   62     0
--------------------
Total:   62     0  CW Mults = 41  Ph Mults = 0  Total Score = 5,208

Ran HP this year, after a dismal brief outing LP last year. Could only get on
for a couple hours, and only on 20M.

The rovers were great. K4OJ, W4AN, NF4A and N4BP were my constant go-to
mobiles. There were others, just didn't find them as often. Some of the easiest
Qs were with mobiles I could barely copy through the noise. Go figure. Great
operators.

My call was busted more times than usual. Rusty CW operators, I figure. They'll
get stung losing an extra Q, plus the mult in some cases. These are often
preventable losses, and nothing a little CW practice couldn't avert.

Must commend the organizers. FQP feels big and active. Hope everyone had a
super time.