[3830] NAQP CW W7WHY Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Aug 3 01:33:05 EDT 2008

                    North American QSO Party, CW

Call: W7WHY
Operator(s): W7WHY
Station: W7WHY

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: OR

  160:    5     2
   10:   11     5
-------------------
Total:  418   125  Total Score = 52,250

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Team:

Comments:

Fun contest!!  It was good to see all the bands open today.  Seems like 10 was
open, but nobody was on. Lots of activity on 15.

Didn't have an antenna up for that band.  Tried the 40 meter dipole, but it
wasn't working all that well so I hung a 15 meter dipole off the tower.  I
usally have a TVI problem on that band, but didn't hear from anyone today.

Thanks to the sponsors and to all who gave me a Q,

Did have some excitement during the contest though.  My daughter-in-law and 2
of my grandkids got hit by a drunk driver down in Brookings, OR and totaled out
their car.

They ended up going to the hospital in Crescent City by ambulance to get
patched up.  Thank God they didn't really get hurt worse than they did.  They
got home today and are all banged up and sore, but are OK.

73
Tom W7WHY

Radio 1  TS-450SAT
Radio 2  FT-840

2 el homebrew 10 meter beam, 15 meter dipole, homebrew 2 el 20 meter beam, 40
meter dipole and vertical, 80 meter vertical and dipole, 160 meter inverted L.

N1MM Logger 8.7.1