[3830] NAQP CW W6AT(K6LL) Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Aug 3 13:02:48 EDT 2008

                    North American QSO Party, CW

Call: W6AT
Operator(s): K6LL
Station: W6AT

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CA

  160:   17     4
Total:  631   176  Total Score = 111,056

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Team: SCCC #1

Comments:

This was a one radio deal up in the mountains, where I am spending the summer.
Thanks to Lanny, W6AT, for letting me use his shack and antennas (Classic 33
and wires). I used my laptop, with N1MM and a single usb to serial converter
for sending cw and controlling my new K3. CW was a little choppy, until I
finally noticed that the laptop was busily trying to connect to a neighbor's
wireless network! After turning that off, the cw was perfect. I wish I had
noticed that a few hours sooner. This was my first contest with the K3, and it
worked fine. One loud guy complained that I was qrm'ing him, but I couldn't
even hear him, wherever he was.

It was fun operating at 7000' elevation in the middle of Southern California.
I've never heard so many loud CA stations. Lanny tells me that he routinely
works into the Bay area, Las Vegas, and Phoenix on VHF. The FM broadcast band
is virtually unusable up here, because there are multiple station from
different areas on every frequency.

Thanks to all for the QSO's and moves. A high percentage of the moves worked
out this time.

73

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Big Bear Lake, CA