[3830] NAQP SSB W0ETT Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Aug 17 02:36:49 EDT 2008

                    North American QSO Party, SSB

Call: W0ETT
Operator(s): W0ETT
Station: W0ETT

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CO
Operating Time (hrs): 9:55

  160:   16     9
   10:   16     6
-------------------
Total:  406   124  Total Score = 50,344

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Team: Snowcat #1

Comments:

Started out on 40m but thunderboomers were overhead and QRN level was s9+20.
After trying to work a few on 20m, I decided to take time off at the beginning
of the test as the ligtening was just too close.  Later, when I got back on,
found the noise was bad on 20m but was able to make some Qs.

40m was the money band for me with 20m second best.  Nice to have some limited
openings on 10 and found 16 stations up there!  On 15m especially nice to work
KH7XS, KL7RA, and a VE1 for longest dx QSOs on that band.  Later in evening
when lightening crashes were quieter, 80 and 160m gave some Qs but only limited
numbers of people to work.

Nice to work GMCC/Snowcat team members K0UK on three bands, NX7TT on 20m, and
N0KE on four bands.  Heard someone work KO7X but nil here.  Didn't hear our
Snowcat team chief:  N0EOP.

Nice to QSO many familiar ops/callsigns in the contest!

73 Ken, W0ETT
Parker, CO

Rig:  IC756pro3 to yagis and verticals