[3830] NAQP SSB N7US Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Aug 17 09:05:13 EDT 2008

                    North American QSO Party, SSB

Call: N7US
Operator(s): N7US
Station: N7US

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: IL

Total:  569   134  Total Score = 76,246

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Team: SMC #7

Comments:

Intended to play for a couple of hours but got carried away.  First time with
N1MM.  I need to take the time to set up DVK to save my voice; it was hard to
remember to say Illinois instead of Arizona when I got tired.

IC-756PRO3, 4L SteppIR, 2L 40, half sloper on 75, and inverted vee on 160.
Operating a domestic contest from Arizona is certainly easier on the rotor,
though the SteppIR 180-degree and bidirectional settings are nice.  Additional
antennas here in the Midwest would really be nice.

The power went off 30 minutes before the end of the contest.  That was a first!