[3830] NAQP SSB N9TF Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Aug 17 10:44:49 EDT 2008

                    North American QSO Party, SSB

Call: N9TF
Operator(s): N9TF
Station: N9TF

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: IL

  160:    4     3
Total:  226    79  Total Score = 17,854

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Team: SMC #2

Comments:

A lot of CQing went unanswered. Normally I just S&P, but gave "trying" to run a
frequency a shot this time and was either squashed by many others moving in, or
just a LOT of time calling and no response. Had better luck S&Ping. It always
amazes me how ops in a SSB contest just pile up next to each other making it
almost impossible to sort oun information, and then you have patches of "dead
zones" that nobody ever tunes to. This was a good reminder of why I enjoy
CW/DATA contesting over SSB!
I guess it was a good tune up to the upcoming SS SSB in November!

Operating conditions: TS-2000 100 watts, MA5B small beam for 20m, assorted low
hanging short dipoles (Alpha Delta) at 35 feet.

73 Gene N9TF