[3830] NAQP SSB K7SV Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Aug 17 12:43:42 EDT 2008

                    North American QSO Party, SSB

Call: K7SV
Operator(s): K7SV
Station: K7SV

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: VA

  160:    5     5
   10:    2     2
-------------------
Total:  758   135  Total Score = 102,230

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team:

Comments:

Certainly turned more points in this one that I figured I would. Originally had
something else that needed attention on Saturday, but rain on Friday evening
postponed that until Sunday. Spent Saturday morning working on things at NR4M.
Figured I'd put in a few hours here and there in NAQP, but things went so well
I just kept plugging away. Band cndx were interesting. At the very beginning of
the contest worked SD and TX on 15. After that it seemed to fold up. Kept
watching 15 and 10, picking a mult here and there on 15, hearing nothing on 10.
Had good runs on 40 quite early, but the broadcast crud moved in and I figured
that was pretty much the end of that. About the same time I took a 45 minute
break for dinner. Had some fair runs on 20 while S&P on 40. All of a sudden the
broadcast stuff disappeared and the race was on.  Had incredible runs on 40.
Worked 40 run with S&P on 20 until 40 seemed to slow down. Somewhere in there
Es made an appearance on 15, so it was run 40 S&P 15 for a while. Went to 80
and ran a few. Figured the band sounded pretty good and went to 160 to work the
5 Qs and 5 mults I ended up with. Top band didn't seem too bad either. Took a 30
minute break and when I came back activity seemed light and I couldn't get a
thing going anywhere. Decided that was enough.

Rigs - IC-756 PRO II & IC 746
Ants - Inv L 160, W6NL dipole 80, Rotatable dipole @ 73 ft 40, A3S @ 65 ft
20/15/10.

73 de Lar K7SV