[3830] NAQP SSB KL7RA M/2 LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Aug 18 02:27:24 EDT 2008

                    North American QSO Party, SSB

Call: KL7RA
Operator(s): AL7IF KL7RA
Station: KL7RA

Class: M/2 LP
QTH: Alaska

  160:    4     2
   80:   15     6
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  882   115  Total Score = 101,315

Club:

Team:

Comments:

NAQP continues to draw great support from contesters. 7150 to 7300 was packed
with signals when 40 finally opened for us. We decided on M/M with Wigi, AL7IF
running on the open band and sending me stations on the "yell your socks off"
band. I spent the first six hours on 15 calling CQ and would get an occasional
small burst of calls or someone Wigi conned into trying 15 and I could hear
them. K6LRG was a beacon on 15 and we also worked them on all the other bands
so their new QTH will be FB for this contest. We never had two bands runnable
to really interlace a good rate which was too band as both 20 and 40 were very
good when they peaked to the US. Still daylight during the Aug NAQP so few
stations could hear our 100 watts on 80 and 160. KL7RA was noted for fishsticks
post contest. In fact there is a factory, I think fish sticks are made in a
factory, about 4 miles from here. But since my move out of the arctic to
fishing paradise we had Kenai Red Salmon in K1AR approved white wine with
pickle spices, broccoli with garlic sauce, scalloped potatoes and French bread.
All cooked (and caught) by Wigi. I opened the beer. 73 Rich KL7RA