[3830] NAQP SSB KB4KBS Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Aug 18 14:32:36 EDT 2008

                    North American QSO Party, SSB

Call: KB4KBS
Operator(s): KB4KBS
Station: KB4KBS

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Roswell, GA
Operating Time (hrs): 5:45

   80:   1      1
   40:  70     27
Total:  71     28  Total Score = 1,988

Club: South East Contest Club

Team: SECC #2

Comments:

(excerpt from longer essay):
I want to send out huge thanks to Roger, VE1SKY.  I tried to find an e-mail
address for him on the Internet was but was unsuccessful.  If anyone knows him,
or his address, please pass this along to him.  At about 0140Z, I started trying
to work Roger without success.  Being that he was in NS, he was a popular
multiplier.  Finally, he heard me, but couldn’t pull me out.  We both
struggled and struggled.  Eventually he got my call sign, then my state.  I
kept spelling my name, SIERRA CHARLIE OSCAR TANGO TANGO, repeatedly, and
slowly.  We were almost there when I heard him say, “OK.  I have Oscar Tango
Tango Sierra Charlie, is that your name?  A few more attempts and he finally
had all of the correct info for his log at 0159. To Roger, and to all of the
folks who patiently waited twenty minutes for us to work it out, thank you.  I
will be sending him a card, and will hope for one in return.  It will be one
that will mean more to me than most others because it will come from a patient
saint who could have just said, “sorry old man, I just can’t pull you
out” (as many others have done).  It will also serve as a reminder that I
too, need to be vigilant for those little voices that, like me, are in it for
fun, not adulation, and who cherish every contact.