[3830] OhQP K9NW SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Aug 24 00:45:31 EDT 2008

                    Ohio QSO Party

Call: K9NW
Operator(s): K9NW
Station: K9NW

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: BUTL

   80:   18      0
   40:  112     52
   20:    9      2
--------------------
Total:  139     54  CW Mults = 46  Ph Mults = 25  Total Score = 23,572

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

IC-746
40m dipole @ ~20'

Clipped 10' of wire to each end of my 30m dipole to make it work a little
better on 40m.  Too hot to do any more than that!  Used the radio's tuner to
work 20m but condx didn't sound too great there.  Force fed about 20w out on
80m (tuner didn't like it here too much....)

Very few OH stations worked on 40.....band was just too long.  Local activity
provided most of my OH QSOs.  Nice to have some of the EU participants call in
on 40.....guess the dipole sort of works if they could hear me!

(Hope to have "real" antennas QRV sometime soon.....)

Thanks for the QSOs!

73, Mike K9NW