[3830] OhQP N2WN SOAB QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Aug 24 11:22:38 EDT 2008

                    Ohio QSO Party

Call: N2WN
Operator(s): N2WN
Station: N2WN

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:   76     34
   40:   36     18
--------------------
Total:  112     52  CW Mults = 56  Ph Mults = 37  Total Score = 25,668

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

Well it started out OK. 40 was the place to be... then the 4  0M sloper I put up
specifically for the OhQP came down about 30 minutes into the contest. Got that
back up fairly quick.  I had also put up a temp 80M dipole (semi-sloper), well
the feedline to that was no good, so took it down just before the contest
started. There was activity on 80/75 early and the vertical was not going to
cut it. Went out and hauled the dipole up the side of the mast, where it
promptly got tangled, an hour later it was ready to go and was the best
performer for the party! Moved and followed a couple moves from CW to SSB,
which helped the multiplier count. Thanks to all who dug me out on SSB, QRN
sounded like the biggest Ohio problem. It was pretty quiet here. Played tag
with Rick, WB8JUI a   couple times trying to move him for SSB and finally made
a connection on 75. Heard a couple of very weak Ohio stations on 20 and a lot
of DX working them, but never had a good path from this part of Tn. Also
checked 10 and 15 for nada. Considering the problems and conditions I'm happy
with the score. Thanks to the mobiles again, always glad to have folks do the
deed for the rest of us. W9MSE took top honors with 11 contacts, followed by
K8MR (10), W1NN (8), N8TFD (7), W8TK & W8AV (6) and K8RYU (5). Both K8MR and
W1NN were speed demons on CW and pulled me out at 29 to 31 WPM every time.
Thanks to all who spent some time playing and hope to work some familar calls
in the TnQP in a couple weeks!

Tennessee QSO Party
http://www.tnqp.org/