[3830] OhQP AE8M Mobile LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Aug 24 22:30:41 EDT 2008

                    Ohio QSO Party

Call: AE8M
Operator(s): AE8M
Station: AE8M

Class: Mobile LP
QTH: 9 OH counties
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:   92      2
   40:  120      8
--------------------
Total:  241     10  CW Mults = 55  Ph Mults = 6  Total Score = 30,012

The rig was an Elecraft K2/100 with auto tuner and a trailer hitch mounted
antenna; Lakeview Hamsticks for 40M and 20M, Hustler RM80 on 80M.  The Hustler
coil gets nice and warm after prolonged CQing.  I must park to operate and my
intention was to operate 10 counties.  However, I got way behind schedule and
skipped Montgomery County, figuring there would be ample activity in the home
of the Dayton Hamfest.  Thanks to all who called me.  Special thanks to K4BAI
and WA2VYA for 8 Q's each, N4PN for 7, KO7X and NS9I for 5, and a host of
others at 4 Q's each.  Highlights included working KL8DX and HA7UG each twice
with my mediocre setup.  For next year, I must figure out how to drive less and
operate more, and change antennas faster.