[3830] SCC RTTY W9DO SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Aug 31 16:07:16 EDT 2008

                    SCC RTTY Championship

Call: W9DO
Operator(s): W9DO
Station: W9DO

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: iLLINOIS

   80:   2     3     2
   40:  11    22     8
   20:  51   133    31
------------------------
Total:  64   158    41  Total Score = 6,478

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Nothing on 15m or 10m here in Southern Illinois.  Lots of stations on 20 and 40,
but I couldn't get thru the pile-ups.  I should have turned on the amp and
busted into them but I decided from the beginning to enter as low power, so I
did (about 40 watts).  I now know its time to put up better antennas for 40
meters.  I see a yagi for 40 in my future....

Maybe next year will be better.

73,
Greg

Station:  Icom 756 Pro 3 - 40 watts RTTY
Antennas:  80 m Loop, 40m Dipole at 40 ft., 3 element tribander at 60 ft.