[3830] CQWW CW 9G5ZZ(DL1CW) SOSB/20 LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Dec 1 05:23:18 EST 2008

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: 9G5ZZ
Operator(s): DL1CW
Station: 9G5ZZ

Class: SOSB/20 LP
QTH: IJ95JC

   20:  946    33      108

Club: Rhein Ruhr DX Association

Comments:

Never thought that it could be worse then last year. YES IT COULD! Relatively
good start in the first hours, but then silence. Morning slot to EU was not
really working, and over the day I could not produce a recognized signal in EU.
First evening brought less contacts to US/Canada and the Caribbean then
expected. Getting KH7LC in first call, was the right moment to go for sleep.
Beeing ready for the sunrise slot in the morning, turns soon into frustration.
Even the big guns from EU were almost "under the carpet", complete desaster for
a little pistol like me... Later the day it became a bit more normal and the run
to W/VE in the evening, compensated a bit finally.

01, 40 and 26 heard, but not managed to get into the log.)
Almost 1000 QSOs less, and only half of the points, then back in 2003!!! (Same
Rig, same QTH, same operator...)

Blowing signals here: OK5R and CT1JLZ at any time.

Special Thanks to: NQ4I, DL9SEV and DF1LON who obviously spotted me on Sunday
around 12:00 z. It turned out as gaining me almost 70 QSOs, just by making
other aware that the waek signal is probably a multi. (I saw it after the
contest!)

Could get only 2 of my team mates: 5H3EE and DL5YM... and congrats to CT9L and
DF0HQ!

See you back from Germany. 73, Arno - DL1CW/9G5ZZ

R7000 Vertical, IC-706MkII
CAT with microHAM USB Interface
SD-Logger by EI5DI