[3830] CQWW CW OL7R M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Dec 1 05:42:47 EST 2008

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: OL7R
Operator(s): OK1WMV,OK1DSZ,OKVWK,OK3RM,OK1IC
Station: OL7R

Class: M/S HP
QTH: JN69

  160:  371    17       70
   80:  828    29      111
   40: 1452    39      144
   20: 1292    36      138
   15:  154    27       95
   10:   38     7       28

The worst CQWW since 2000 when we started contest activity from OL7R. We lost 2
PAs, 2 rotor controls on 20 and 40m due to frozen water inside outdoor units.
Where is oil for gear-box ? Poor conditions on higher bands due to real sunspot
numbers. 15 was the same as 10m mainly in second period. Only several local EU
stations trough short-skip propagation. Real opening to NA maybe 15min second
day. Anyway good experience with slopers on 160 and shared 4sq K9AY on 80/160
trough W8JI magic-T RX splitter/combiner. First time JA on 160/80 without
problem read their signal seems to me.

Equipment:

160:
3x remote controled sloper system 0.25wl
shared 4sq K9AY
AL800H

80:
dipole at 24m + vertical 0.25wl (47 radials)
shared 4sq K9AY
KVZ1AP(2x3-500Z)

40:
4el KLM at 23m + vertical 0.25wl (40 radials)
AL91 + 4xGU50

20:
5el OWA at 20m + 2el HB9CV at 15 + double V
HMPA 2xSRS457 + 2xRE400

15:
6el OWA at 25m  (other antennas not used due to propagation conditions)
PA from 80

10:
6el OWA at 24m + 5el W2PV at 15m
PA from 160

Congrats to OK5W to their famous multiplier score, as usual, and to OL3Z also
for superb result.

Thanks to all and CU in next time ... de Milan OK1VWK on behalf of OL7R team