[3830] CQWW CW N2WN SOSB/160 LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Dec 1 09:19:47 EST 2008

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: N2WN
Operator(s): N2WN
Station: N2WN

Class: SOSB/160 LP
QTH: Grainger Co.

  160:   93    14       34
   80:   23     9       14
   40:   38    21       24
   20:  133    22       61
   15:   65    17       44
   10:    3     3        3
------------------------------
Total:   93    14       34  Total Score = 7,968

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

Ummm Bummed is the best description I have of the weekend. 160 sounded killer,
many EU were REALLY 599, but just could not be heard on the other side of the
pond. It was disappointing hearing a lot of new countries (8) loud and clear
but not even getting a "ditty dadah ditty" from them. Don't think I was alone,
seemed like many high power US stations had the same problem. Usually reliable
QSOs with G, GM, EA8 just didn't happen. On the plus side, I did work 3X5A
fairly quickly (did miss them on 10M). Both D4C and ON4UN were plus 20 Friday
night. Saturday night sounded the same or worse on the top band, so after
working 3 QSOs in the first 3 hours, I opted out for some sleep. 10 sounded
good Saturday morning and wish I had spent more time there. 15 was much better,
more EU stations than I recall in a while. 20 was packed all the way to 14150
when I was on.

Oh well, dems da breaks...

CU in ARRL 160!

Julius