[3830] CQWW CW G4MKP SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Dec 1 14:22:49 EST 2008

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: G4MKP
Operator(s): G4MKP
Station: G4MKP

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Solihull

   80:  564    12       53
   40:  376    18       65
   20:  358    15       54
   15:   14     5        5
Total: 1312    50      176  Total Score = 539,914

Elecraft K3 + Challenger 3 Amp

80m Inverted L
40m Vertical Tx/Dipole Rx
20-10m MQ26 Mini Beam @ 20'

This was tough but enjoyable. I had a nice run on 20m of about 100 North
American stations on Sunday afternoon - I love the 3 pointers! Thank you to
everyone that called me and put up with the endless 'diddy dah dah did its' on
the low bands - QRN at my QTH at times S9. A sincere apology to EI6DX who
called me with 2 minutes left, I could no longer read cw by this stage and the
poor chap had to QRS to about 5 WPM in order for me to make copy!

Lessons:

1 - Morse Runner practice for 30 minutes of every non contest day of the year
2 - Buy a rotator (or wear gloves) in order to turn the beam
3 - Check 15m and 10m every 30 minutes
4 - Stay awake for the morning opening to Asia/Pacific
5 - Buy a QTH with 10 acres
6 - Morse Runner practice for 30 minutes of every non contest day of the year

Cheers and thanks for the Q's,

Terry
G4MKP