[3830] CQWW CW ED2R M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Dec 1 16:16:32 EST 2008

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: ED2R
Operator(s): EA2TO, EA2CTB, EA2NN, EA2PA
Station: ED2R

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Amurrio (Araba)

  160:    0     0        0
   80:  491    14       57
   40:  772    21       80
   20:  905    19       62
   15:   45    16       26
   10:    2     1        1

Very nice contest as usual, but we missed better propagation on 15 meters, and
conditions on 10 meters were almost non existent, as expected. Anyway, the
contest was fun enough anyway. Fortunately, conditions on 20m and the low bands
will always be there.

We operated from a new location this time, and everything turned out just fine.
Mr Murphy did not turn up this time! Thank you!

The funny thing about this contest was when all of a sudden we had a huge
pile-up of stations calling us. The pile-up was absolutely huge and many big
stations were calling us. Why are the big multiplier stations calling us all of
a sudden? Something is going on here, I thought. Then I looked at the cluster
and I found that someone had spotted us as D2R!!. Yes, he made me feel like I
was in Angola! What a pile-up! hihihi. Then, W3LPL spotted us again with the
correct call sign this time. Sorry to dissapoint you guys! ;)

To finish, I'd like to thank EA2TO Javi for his support in organizing this
contest from Amurrio.

Thanks a lot for the QSO's and see you in the next one!