[3830] CQWW CW K2PS SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Dec 1 16:42:22 EST 2008

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: K2PS
Operator(s): K2PS
Station: K2PS

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: 05

  160:   20     5        5
   80:  131    16       55
   40:  279    21       83
   20:  537    23       93
   15:   94    18       50
   10:   11     4        5

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Score down from last year.  The only change was to patch the broken 160M dipole
and toss it back up into the trees, but even lower this time, since my elbow
surgery limited my ability to get that line way up high.

So that's my excuse for 160.  But I was also down about 50 Qs on 80, and
nothing really changed there.  Really had tough going on that band.

On the other hand, the low 40M two element wire beam played pretty well.  Even
was able to run 'em Sunday afternoon with my 100W, and increased my Q total on
that band by about 40%.

20 was down a bit, but perhaps that was because I was able to spend more time
on 40.  And of course we all know about 15 and 10.

Congrats once again to LP stalwart N1UR, who's really in a class by himself,
and also to N5AW, who does a terrific job from TX.